Tuesday 18 June 2013

Inky Victorians

This is the photo that started my stories within the Isabella anthology.  At the end of this blog, I’ll add a bit of my work as a taster – the novel is due to be released within the year if all goes well, with Springbok Publications.
 
It’s been a funny old week.  Firstly, I must say that I’ve stepped back in time – no longer in my little spiral tower of inky doom where I normally do my time travelling by way of writing.  I mean really, truly, I walked into a place and was jetted back to the Victorian era.  I’m talking of course, of one of the magical rooms at the Talliston House and Gardens.  It’s the most magical place I’ve been to in a long time and I do believe I left half my soul in The Watchtower.  It’s my aim to go to the writer’s circle (now that I have my driver’s licence).
 
But a long and strange week has melded into another and the edits are at a slow pace.  My Three Women in Asylum is on halt and my Gothic Horror is my guilty pleasure, indulged in when the toddler is prepping for bed and husband allows me to sneak away up those stairs.
Now I’ve got to decide which works to bring to Talliston’s Writer’s Circle.  My fairytales book, Gothic horror novel, Three Women, or my children’s book… hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment